At Baselworld 2012, Rolex announced a new Submariner: the ref. 114060. After months of waiting, Rolex released pictures, videos, specs, and a price of the final watch. As you can expect, Crown & Caliber is here to give you the scoop.
The Submariner 114060 differs from its predecessor in several significant ways:
- The Dial: Perhaps most notably, the date is removed from the dial.
- The Lugs: For the lug hole enthusiasts reading this, sorry: the Rolex Submariner 114060 doesn’t have any, so changing bracelets won’t be a cinch. Perhaps you’ll be less inclined to change the stock bracelet, however, because
- The Bracelet: The Submariner 114060’s bracelet is different than previous iterations. It is composed of an Oyster bracelet in 904L steel, which can be adjusted in 2mm increments without the use of tools, allowing the wearer to make easy adjustments to the Submariner if wearing it over a dive suit.
- The Bezel: The 114060’s bezel is also different. It is composed of Cerachom, making it not only durable but essentially scratch-proof.
- Price: The watch is set to retail at $7100 later this year.
Pictures and video follow. What do you think?